At Back 2 Nature, we're committed to not only providing high-quality skin, hair and suncare products but also to minimising our environmental footprint. That's why we're excited to introduce you to our new wheat straw bioplastic squeeze tube packaging. With this fresh new look, we're taking a step towards a more sustainable future.
Why Wheat Straw Bioplastic?
Our wheat straw bioplastic tubes are made using wheat straw, rice husk, and other natural renewable plant fibres combined with polymer resins. This environmentally friendly composite material is sourced from the by-products of wheat farming and the animal agriculture industry. By utilising these waste materials, we're not only reducing waste but also contributing to the reduction of the environmental impact caused by these industries.
Fun Facts about Wheat Straw Bioplastic:
- Renewable: Wheat straw bioplastic can be produced indefinitely without depleting the world's resources.
- Less Energy Intensive: Production of wheat straw bioplastic requires less energy compared to traditional fossil fuel plastics, resulting in fewer greenhouse gas emissions.
- Durable: It is often stronger and more durable than traditional plastics, making it suitable for various applications.
- BPA Free: Our wheat straw bioplastic is free from harmful chemicals like BPA.
- Gluten Free: Contrary to its name, wheat straw bioplastic does not contain gluten. By using a gluten-free tube, we minimise the risk of triggering adverse skin reactions in sensitive individuals.
- Reduced Plastic Usage: Wheat straw plastics use up to 30% less plastic than traditional plastics of the same size container.
Wheat Straw Bioplastic vs. Fossil Fuel Plastics:
Unlike fossil fuel plastics, which are derived from petroleum oil and contribute to greenhouse gas emissions, wheat straw bioplastic is a zero-waste option. It utilises agricultural by-products and does not rely on finite fossil fuel resources.
How is Wheat Straw "Plastic" Made?
Wheat straw contains lignin, which, when combined with sugar, can be turned into a bio-plastic. The lignin is broken down by bacteria found in soil, and then mixed with sugar to form a plastic-like substance. This substance is molded into various forms, including tubes for packaging.
While our wheat straw tubes are not 100% biodegradable, they are 100% recyclable. The durable nature of the bioplastic ensures long-lasting recyclability, making it a sustainable choice for packaging. We've also initiated tests to observe the biodegradability of our tubes under specific conditions and look forward to sharing the results with you.
Join us in our journey towards sustainability with our new wheat straw bioplastic tubes. Together, we can make a positive impact on the environment while enjoying the benefits of natural beauty products.